Congratulations to this year’s Hotel Cateys winners, who were awarded at a dazzling award ceremony at London’s Park Plaza Westminster Bridge on 19 November.
Recognised for his unwavering support of the industry and years of service, Peter Hancock was awarded the Outstanding Contribution Award ahead of his retirement from his position as chief executive of Pride of Britain Hotels later this month.
A champion of providing a personal and caring working environment, Daniel Pedreschi, regional vice-president of UK operations at PPHE Hotel Group, was crowned 2021 Hotelier of the Year by The Caterer. Following the group winning the Best Employer Award at The Cateys earlier this year, Daniel will now join the Hoteliers’ Charter board.
Congratulations to winners from Hoteliers’ Charter organisations:
- The 2021 Hotelier of the Year: Daniel Pedreschi, PPHE Hotel Group
- Food and Beverage Manager of the Year: Sharon McArthur, the Athenaeum Hotel & Residences, London
- Front of House Manager of the Year: Rosie Wilkins, the Torridon, Wester Ross Hotel
- Concierge of the Year: Sarah Gaskin, the Headland Hotel, Cornwall
- HR Team of the Year: Red Carnation Hotels
- Front of House Team of the Year: Grove of Narberth, Pembrokeshire
- Hotel Restaurant Chef of the Year: Jean-Philippe Blondet, Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester, London
- Hotel Chef of the Year (more than 250 covers): Olivier Ruiz, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
- Revenue Manager of the Year: Jane Bateup, the Grand Brighton and Richmond Hill hotels
- Hotel Chef of the Year (fewer than 250 covers): Hrishikesh Desai, Gilpin, Cumbria
- Spa Professional of the Year: Amanda Hardy, Serenity Spa, Seaham Hall, County Durham
For more information on the Hotel Cateys 2021 and its winners, click here.